Re: New hook after raw parsing, before analyze

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: New hook after raw parsing, before analyze
Дата
Re: New hook after raw parsing, before analyze  (David Beck <dbeck@starschema.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/writing-information-schema-plugins.html
> Like a virtual catalog. Is there anything similar in Postgres?

The documentation you linked to describes how to provide
information_schema plugins but not why you would want to do such a
thing. I'm not seeing why this would be useful. The information_schema
schema is described by the standard so creating new views in it isn't
needed very often and the schema for the existing views doesn't change
very often. I can see why a plugin might want to add rows to the views
but that doesn't seem to be what this feature is about.

--
greg

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Ctrl+C from sh can shut down daemonized PostgreSQL cluster
От: Haribabu Kommi
Сообщение: Re: Per table autovacuum vacuum cost limit behaviour strange