Re: Should pg_upgrade use --quote-all-identifiers?

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: Should pg_upgrade use --quote-all-identifiers?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 2:23 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Well, readability of those commands is worth something too, but in any
> case the short answer is that pg_dump has only one quote-an-identifier
> function, not different ones for server commands and final output.

Well for the final output one reason it's nice not to quote is that it
makes it easier to use the SQL generated by --inserts on a
non-postgres database. Mainly I'm thinking of the case issue but also
some databases use strange quoting rules.

--
greg

От: Greg Stark
Сообщение: Re: Remaining beta blockers
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add regression test for bug fixed by recent refactoring.