Re: pg_dump save command in output

От Joao Miguel Ferreira
Тема Re: pg_dump save command in output
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Wed, Oct 6, 2021 at 11:40 AM Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:
> On 6 Oct 2021, at 12:22, Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at> wrote:
>
> On Wed, 2021-10-06 at 10:44 +0100, Joao Miguel Ferreira wrote:
>> I would like to try that yes, it would be a pleasure but I have zero knowledge on the dev tools, setups and processes required for that.
>>
>> If someone gives me some pointers I would love to try it. I'm a software developer so I should be able to at least try.
>>
>> Can you point me to some hands-on docs on setting up my env ?
>
> Here is an introductory article from the Wiki:
>
> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/So,_you_want_to_be_a_developer%3F

There is also the section in the docs for how to install a postgres instance
for source which will be handy:

    https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/installation.html

For an environment to hack in I would recommend enabling debig and TAP style
tests, and personally I always install to a specific folder (see the section on
developer options):

    ./configure --enable-debug --enable-tap-tests --prefix=path/to/dev/install

Hi again, thank you both for the guidance. I will start reading and setting things up in the next few days

Feel free to reach out here if you get stuck on anything, so we can make the
Wiki page better.

sure

--
Daniel Gustafsson               https://vmware.com/

От: Thomas Kellerer
Сообщение: Re: streaming replication different versions
От: Guillaume Lelarge
Сообщение: Re: streaming replication different versions