Re: pg_dump save command in output

От Joao Miguel Ferreira
Тема Re: pg_dump save command in output
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Wed, Oct 6, 2021 at 10:33 AM Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:
> On 3 Oct 2021, at 18:56, Joao Miguel Ferreira <joao.miguel.c.ferreira@gmail.com> wrote:

> is there a way to ask pg_dump to save a comment in the output file with the full command it is executing ?

I think this idea has some merit.  Given the amount of switches for tailoring
the dump that pg_dump has there is a point to knowing just which ones were
used.  Connection level parameters should probably be scrubbed, but
object-level filtering etc could be handy.

Would you like to try and propose a patch for pg_dump to implement this?
Hi Daniel, thank you for the feedback!

I would like to try that yes, it would be a pleasure but I have zero knowledge on the dev tools, setups and processes required for that.

If someone gives me some pointers I would love to try it. I'm a software developer so I should be able to at least try.

Can you point me to some hands-on docs on setting up my env ?

I use Debian Linux 10 and 11 VMs, if that is relevant, I could copy a VM for this purpose and start right away

Thank you
Joao (pg user for many many years)

--
Daniel Gustafsson               https://vmware.com/

От: Daniel Gustafsson
Сообщение: Re: pg_dump save command in output
От: Marco Lechner
Сообщение: how to merge two postgresql server instances into one