Re: PG 12: Partitioning across a FDW?

От Chris Morris
Тема Re: PG 12: Partitioning across a FDW?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Is it even possible to use PG partitioning across a Foreign Server?
I am not certain what you mean, but you can have foreign tables as partitions
of a partitioned table.  The partitions won't be processed in parallel though.

I have a large, growing table, that I'd like to start partitioning, but also would like "older" partitions to be stored in a separate database, connected via FDW. I haven't played around with partitioning at all yet, so clearly I'm not sure how to ask the question :)

The hope is to still have one "seamless" table users can query, but to spread the storage across different databases. I realize that may be asking for too much.

От: Marius Andreiana
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 13: native JavaScript Procedural Language support ?
От: Stephen Frost
Сообщение: Re: PG 12: Partitioning across a FDW?