Re: Is it worth adding ReplicationSlot active_pid to ReplicationSlotPersistentData?

От Bharath Rupireddy
Тема Re: Is it worth adding ReplicationSlot active_pid to ReplicationSlotPersistentData?
Дата
Ответы add log messages when replication slots become active and inactive (was Re: Is it worth adding ReplicationSlot active_pid to ReplicationSlotPersistentData?)  (Bharath Rupireddy <bharath.rupireddyforpostgres@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jan 10, 2022 at 6:50 AM Bharath Rupireddy

> On Wed, Jan 5, 2022 at 12:13 PM Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Here's the v2 patch. Please provide your thoughts.
> >
> > Thanks!  I have three comments on this version.
>
> Thanks for your review.
>
> > - I still think "acquire/release" logs on creation/dropping should be
> >   silenced.  Adding the third parameter to ReplicationSlotAcquire()
> >   that can mute the acquiring (and as well as the corresponding
> >   releasing) log will work.
>
> Done.
>
> > can piggy-back on log_replication_commands for the purpose, changing
> > its meaning slightly to "log replication commands and related
> > activity".
> > - Need to mute the logs by log_replication_commands.  (We could add
> >   another choice for the variable for this purpose but I think we
> >   don't need it.)
>
> Done.
>
> > - The messages are not translatable as the variable parts are
> >   adjectives. They need to consist of static sentences.  The
> >   combinations of the two properties are 6 (note that persistence is
> >   tristate) but I don't think we accept that complexity for the
> >   information.  So I recommend to just remove the variable parts from
> >   the messages.
>
> Done.
>
> Here's v3, please review it further.

Here's the rebased v4 patch.

Regards,
Bharath Rupireddy.

Вложения

От: Jille Timmermans
Сообщение: Support for grabbing multiple consecutive values with nextval()
От: Dean Rasheed
Сообщение: Re: Some optimisations for numeric division