Re: Use WALReadFromBuffers in more places

От Bharath Rupireddy
Тема Re: Use WALReadFromBuffers in more places
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, May 8, 2024 at 9:51 AM Jingtang Zhang <mrdrivingduck@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, Bharath. I've been testing this. It's cool. Is there any way we could
> monitor the hit rate about directly reading from WAL buffers by exporting
> to some views?

Thanks for looking into this. I used purpose-built patches for
verifying the WAL buffers hit ratio, please check
USE-ON-HEAD-Collect-WAL-read-from-file-stats.txt and
USE-ON-PATCH-Collect-WAL-read-from-buffers-and-file-stats.txt at
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CALj2ACU9cfAcfVsGwUqXMace_7rfSBJ7%2BhXVJfVV1jnspTDGHQ%40mail.gmail.com.
In the long run, it's better to extend what's proposed in the thread
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CALj2ACU_f5_c8F%2BxyNR4HURjG%3DJziiz07wCpQc%3DAqAJUFh7%2B8w%40mail.gmail.com.
I haven't had a chance to dive deep into that thread yet, but a quick
glance over v8 patch tells me that it hasn't yet implemented the idea
of collecting WAL read stats for both walsenders and the backends
reading WAL. If that's done, we can extend it for WAL read from WAL
buffers.

--
Bharath Rupireddy
PostgreSQL Contributors Team

От: Paul Jungwirth
Сообщение: Re: SQL:2011 application time
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Convert sepgsql tests to TAP