How can I run a PostgreSQL database outside /var/run/postgresql?

От Frank Church
Тема How can I run a PostgreSQL database outside /var/run/postgresql?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
How can I run a PostgreSQL database independently of the normal packaged based configuration?

I just want to start up postgres or pg_ctl process using a different port, pointing to a different data directory and get it running, with permissions etc working okay.

I don't want it to depend on the existing package page structure in /etc/postgresql and /var/run/postgresql. The only thing required is database compatiblity with the existing package based installations, which I may be able to install if they are absent

The main points are -

1. Which data and configurations should be copied, ie the files and directories should be copied from /etc/postgresql/xxx and /var/run/postgresql

2. What executables are required, whether they can be extracted from existing packages ie rpm/deb directly or after they have been installations to their locations.

3. My preference will be to use existing package based installations or install them if possible in case of dependencies which are not present in my files, with my executables as there second option.

Thanks

voipfc

От: DT
Сообщение: Why release index relation lock
От: Francisco Olarte
Сообщение: Re: Table with Field Serial - Problem