Re: Wanna help PostgreSQL

От Zhe-Wei Jiang
Тема Re: Wanna help PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Forgot to include pgsql-hackers.

Thanks Stephen.

I read the GSoC ideas page and think the only one I'm possibly to help for now is
"Rewrite (add) pg_dump and pg_restore utilities as libraries (.so, .dll & .dylib)",
while I'm still not clear with the whole postgreSQL project.

If my understanding is correct, taking pg_dump as an example, this should include refactoring the pg_dump.c and rewrite the Makefile to make it as shared libraries.
Do I miss anything?

Regards,
Zhe-Wei Jiang

* Zhe-Wei Jiang (jrreinhardt@gmail.com) wrote:
> Therefore, I'd like to know if there is any entry-level implementation
> needed by PostgreSQL now?
> Any advise is appreciated.

You might take a look at the GSoC ideas page instead:

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/GSoC_2014

        Thanks,

                Stephen

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: 9.4 release notes
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: buildfarm / handling (undefined) locales