Re: Code of Conduct: Is it time?

От Chris Travers
Тема Re: Code of Conduct: Is it time?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 9:00 AM, John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com> wrote:
On 1/12/2016 11:32 PM, Chris Travers wrote:

One of the nice things about the Ubuntu Code of Conduct is that it focuses primarily on the positive.  It is long, perhaps overly verbose, but it does focus on what the community wants rather than what the community wants to avoid.

It is easy to say "don't do these things."  But it is perhaps better to say "these are the values our community lives by. Please respect them."

+1, except for the overly verbose part.

I probably should have said "overly verbose for our uses here."

I won't second guess a different project with a different scope.

Best Wishes,
Chris Travers

Efficito:  Hosted Accounting and ERP.  Robust and Flexible.  No vendor lock-in.