Re: [GENERAL] Using Variables in Queries

От Scott Mead
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Using Variables in Queries
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 11:21 AM, Igal @ Lucee.org <igal@lucee.org> wrote:

Hello,

In other database servers, which I'm finally dropping in favor of Postgres, I can do the following (mind you that this is for illustration only, I do not actually write queries like that):

DECLARE @query varchar(64) = 'red widget';

SELECT *
FROM products
WHERE col1 LIKE @query
   OR col2 LIKE @query
   OR col3 LIKE @query
   OR col4 LIKE @query
   OR col5 LIKE @query

The point is, though, that I can change the @query variable in one place which is very convenient.

Is it still true (the posts I see on this subject are quite old) that I can not do so in Postgres outside of a stored procedure/function?

You can do this if you're using psql.  This doesn't work if you're using something like JDBC, etc..., but from psql it works great.

--Scott

And if so, what's the reason of not adding this feature?  Seems very useful to me.

Thanks,

Igal Sapir
Lucee Core Developer
Lucee.org

Scott Mead
Sr. Architect
OpenSCG

От: "Igal @ Lucee.org"
Сообщение: [GENERAL] Using Variables in Queries
От: Alban Hertroys
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Using Variables in Queries