Re: Securing records using linux grou permissions

От Luca Ferrari
Тема Re: Securing records using linux grou permissions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Oct 15, 2019 at 6:07 PM David Gauthier <davegauthierpg@gmail.com> wrote:
> Users are going to be working with data through perl/DBI scripts which currently connect using a generic role with
hardcodedpassword in the connect string.  Access will be select/insert/update/delete  We need to tighten up security as
describedabove.

I would apply row level security, as already pointed out.
Then, in my Perl scripts, I will force a SET ROLE depending on the
operating system group/user. In such case, you can have still a
"generic" user to use as connection/login, then change the set of
permissions on the fly as connected. Of course, row level security
must be applied against current_role and not session_user.
I would not say this is a robust approach, but can do what you want
(assuming you don't have to change thousands of Perl scripts).

Hope it helps.
Luca

От: raylu
Сообщение: Re: Text search lexer's handling of hyphens and negatives
От: Durgamahesh Manne
Сообщение: Re: Regarding db dump with Fc taking very long time to completion