Relaxing NaN/Infinity restriction in JSON fields

От Mitar
Тема Relaxing NaN/Infinity restriction in JSON fields
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi!

When migrating from MongoDB to PostgreSQL one thing which just
surprised me now is that I cannot store NaN/Infinity in JSON fields. I
know that standard JSON restricts those values, but they are a very
common (and welcome) relaxation. What are prospects of this
restriction being lifted? It is really sad that one cannot stores
directly all IEEE 754 double precision floating point values.

Mitar

--
http://mitar.tnode.com/
https://twitter.com/mitar_m

От: Ron
Сообщение: Re: Postgres for SQL Server users
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Relaxing NaN/Infinity restriction in JSON fields