Re: Naming of the different stats systems / "stats collector"

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: Naming of the different stats systems / "stats collector"
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Mar 8, 2022 at 7:32 PM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
we need a descriptive term / shorthand that
describes the type of statistics we currently send to the stats collector.

"cumulative stats subsystem"?

I'm growing fond of "cumulative".  It is more precise (and restrictive) than "metric" but that is beneficial here so long as it is indeed true (which a quick skim of Table 28.2. Collected Statistics Views [1] leads me to believe it is).

I'd be concerned that subsystem implies a collection process in a manner similar to how you associated datastore with a physical file on disk.  But I'd pick subsystem over datastore here in any case.

David J.

От: Masahiko Sawada
Сообщение: Re: Add index scan progress to pg_stat_progress_vacuum
От: Amit Kapila
Сообщение: Re: Optionally automatically disable logical replication subscriptions on error