Re: Things I don't like about \du's "Attributes" column

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: Things I don't like about \du's "Attributes" column
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Feb 18, 2024 at 4:14 AM Pavel Luzanov <p.luzanov@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
2. Tom's advise:
Not sure it's worth worrying about
Show real values for 'Valid until' and 'Connection limit' without any hints.

At this point I'm on board with retaining the \dr charter of simply being an easy way to access the detail exposed in pg_roles with some display formatting but without any attempt to convey how the system uses said information.  Without changing pg_roles.  Our level of effort here, and degree of dependence on superuser, doesn't seem to be bothering people enough to push more radical changes here through and we have good improvements that are being held up in the hope of possible perfection.

David J.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Bugs in ecpg's macro mechanism
От: David Rowley
Сообщение: Re: Differential code coverage between 16 and HEAD