Re: Guidance on user deletion

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: Guidance on user deletion
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Fri, May 10, 2024, 11:37 Wetmore, Matthew (CTR) <Matthew.Wetmore@evernorth.com> wrote:

Corporate env.

I’ve searched for an official BestPractice on user  deletion (leave company), but can’t find anything that is official-ish.

Two options:

  1. Change user psswd to nonsense, then expire account.
  2. DROP user.

There are +/- to both.

I prefer #1, as it gives the exact timestamp of expire (protects company and ex-employee), but corporate auditors disagree.

What do you do?  Any official guidance on this?

Use proper off-machine audit logs to make the auditors happy then drop stuff no longer has relevance.

David J.

От: Wells Oliver
Сообщение: Re: Request for featu VACUUM FULL updates pg_stat_all_tables.last_vacuum
От: Keith Fiske
Сообщение: Re: Adding future partition causes deadlock???