Re: Restricting user to see schema structure

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: Restricting user to see schema structure
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, May 16, 2022 at 10:21 PM Bryn Llewellyn <bryn@yugabyte.com> wrote:

Right, I see the importance of this now. I now realize that when a database is created, CONNECT on it is automatically granted to PUBLIC. But there's no mention of this (or what to read to learn that this is the case) in the "pg_hba.conf" chapter. Nor does the section on the CREATE DATABASE statement mention this. How is the neophyte supposed to know about this behavior?

By reading the documentation, specifically the chapter linked before, where this is discussed.

Not saying there isn't room for improvement here, I tend to agree that the SQL Command Reference section should be considered a primary jumping off point.  But the chapter on Data Definition is basically mandatory reading once a DBA wants to do any non-trivial modifications to their cluster.

David J.

От: "David G. Johnston"
Сообщение: Re: Alternative to slow SRF in SELECT?
От: Dan Lynch
Сообщение: Postgres AST Deparser for Postgres