Re: add function argument names to regex* functions.

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: add function argument names to regex* functions.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, May 15, 2024 at 1:19 PM Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:

So my point was: to me, N is more self-documenting than replace_at,
and less self-documenting than count or occurrence.

If your mileage varies on that point, so be it!

Maybe just "match" instead of "replace_match".

Reading this it strikes me that any of these parameter names can and probably should be read as having "replace" in front of them:

replace N
replace count
replace occurrence
replace match

Saying replace becomes redundant:
replace replace at
replace replace match

David J.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Why does pgindent's README say to download typedefs.list from the buildfarm?
От: Chapman Flack
Сообщение: Re: add function argument names to regex* functions.