Re: cast to domain with default collation issue.

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: cast to domain with default collation issue.
Дата
Re: cast to domain with default collation issue.  (jian he <jian.universality@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On Monday, May 23, 2022, jian he <jian.universality@gmail.com> wrote:

CREATE DOMAIN testdomain AS text;

 --asume the default collation is as per show LC_COLLATE;

– on my pc, it is C.UTF-8.

--So the testdomain will be collation "C.UTF-8"

------------

=> \d collate_test1

            Table "test.collate_test1"

 Column |  Type   | Collation | Nullable | Default

 a      | integer |           |          |

 b      | text    | en-x-icu  | not null |

My guess is that the following should be the same.

My reading of the docs say this is consistent with outcome #2.

 David J.

От: jian he
Сообщение: cast to domain with default collation issue.
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: cast to domain with default collation issue.