Re: No function matches the given name and argument types.

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: No function matches the given name and argument types.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Jan 16, 2023 at 10:42 AM arons <arons7@gmail.com> wrote:
Why the error happen is clear to me, in the example is also easy to see that the 7th parameter is the problem.
But I'm searching a more general way to find easily which of the parameter is the problem.
Suppose you have a function with 30 parameters with mixed sort of types.
They only way I know right now is to compare the position, name and type one parameter after the other until I found the one that do not match.
A sort of brute force.
Is there any better way to do that?

To what end?

In most cases you already know precisely which function you are trying to execute.  Comparing that single function against your call site and figuring out what is wrong is fairly simple debugging work.

I don't see any good way to say: "given this function signature, and the fact it cannot be found, what are the next closest function signatures that are present".

David J.

От: Pavel Stehule
Сообщение: Re: No function matches the given name and argument types.
От: Christophe Pettus
Сообщение: Re: No function matches the given name and argument types.