Re: RAM of Postgres Server

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: RAM of Postgres Server
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Jan 7, 2016 at 9:21 PM, Sachin Srivastava <ssr.teleatlas@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear David G. and Gavin,

Please find the details as below:

Q. What type of queries to be run on postgres database server?

All types. Databases will be general OLTP.

Q. Size of commonly accessed tables, indexes, ... ?

Various. Anywhere from a few MB to over 100GB.

Q. Database size for current and for future for all databases:

            Various. Anywhere from 100 – 1000GB and always growing.

Q. Total Connection limit from the database through users and Application on daily basis for all the database:

            Probably 4000+

Q.  CPU Core:

            Prod databases will have 32 cores of CPU and 128 GB of RAM.

​So, what's your question...?  Given the broad brush generalities and explicit references to multiple databases I have no clue what you expect from this list - not that I was going to be of much help on the topic anyway...

David J.