Re: power() function in Windows: "value out of range: underflow"

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: power() function in Windows: "value out of range: underflow"
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, May 1, 2018 at 12:08 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:

> But I don't think
> we should discount the existence of the former category.  Deploying
> to production on an older release of $system than you develop on
> is hardly an unusual scenario.

That's probably true, but making dev, test, and production boxes
similar is generally good practice and users can do as much or as
little of it as they find they need in order to avoid getting burned.
They can't do anything about behavior changes we inject into minor
releases.

​+1; this doesn't seem clear-cut and important enough to deviate from the (for me) preferable position of leaving well-enough-alone in the back branches.

David J.

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: Global snapshots
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: Parallel Aggregates for string_agg and array_agg