Re: request for database identifier in the startup packet

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: request for database identifier in the startup packet
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thursday, May 9, 2024, Dave Cramer <davecramer@gmail.com> wrote:
Greetings,

The JDBC driver is currently keeping a per connection cache of types in the driver. We are seeing cases where the number of columns is quite high. In one case Prevent fetchFieldMetaData() from being run when unnecessary. · Issue #3241 · pgjdbc/pgjdbc (github.com) 2.6 Million columns.

If we knew that we were connecting to the same database we could use a single cache across connections.

I think we would require a server/database identifier in the startup message.

I feel like pgbouncer ruins this plan.

But maybe you can construct a lookup key from some combination of data provided by these functions:

David J.

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: First draft of PG 17 release notes
От: Heikki Linnakangas
Сообщение: Re: Set appropriate processing mode for auxiliary processes.