Re: docs: set role permission checking, do I read this wrong?

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: docs: set role permission checking, do I read this wrong?
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Wednesday, October 18, 2023, Daniel Westermann <daniel.westermann@dbi-services.com> wrote:

"After |SET ROLE|, permissions checking for SQL commands is carried out as though the named role were the one that had logged in originally."

Isn't it the other way around and permission checking is done as "a", or do I read this wrong?

It is saying “a” is the current_user:

When you set role to (named role) a the system behaves as if (named role) a had logged in originally (even though, in that example, postgres is the role that originally logged in)

David J.

От: Daniel Westermann
Сообщение: docs: set role permission checking, do I read this wrong?
От: Daniel Westermann
Сообщение: Re: docs: set role permission checking, do I read this wrong?