Re: Stored procedure code no longer stored in v14 and v15, changed behaviour

От Pasi Oja-Nisula
Тема Re: Stored procedure code no longer stored in v14 and v15, changed behaviour
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 2 Dec 2022 at 15:02, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:
> How do you today prove that for other compiled programs in your system?

Good question. I guess I never considered database to be compiled.

How do you debug this kind of system? What if the you suspect that there is
a wrong version of procedure in the system? How can you then find what release
or patch produced the problem if you can't see the actual procedure text
that produced the running version?

I'm not claiming that there isn't benefits in this system. I'm sure it actually
prevents rogue changes for not having the source code readily available. It's
just a big fundamental change to get over if you can't do comparison from
database to version control.

Pasi

От: Daniel Gustafsson
Сообщение: Re: Stored procedure code no longer stored in v14 and v15, changed behaviour
От: Dominique Devienne
Сообщение: Re: Stored procedure code no longer stored in v14 and v15, changed behaviour