Re: Pluggable Storage - Andres's take

От Haribabu Kommi
Тема Re: Pluggable Storage - Andres's take
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jul 17, 2018 at 11:01 PM Haribabu Kommi <kommi.haribabu@gmail.com> wrote:

On Mon, Jul 16, 2018 at 11:35 PM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
On 2018-07-04 20:11:21 +1000, Haribabu Kommi wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 3, 2018 at 5:06 PM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:

> - bitmap index scans probably need a new tableam.h callback, abstracting
> >   bitgetpage()
> >

> OK.

Any chance you could try to tackle this?  I'm going to be mostly out
this week, so we'd probably not run across each others feet...

OK, I will take care of the above point.

I added new API in the tableam.h to get all the page visible tuples to
abstract the bitgetpage() function.

>>- Merge tableam.h and tableamapi.h and make most tableam.c functions
>> small inline functions. Having one-line tableam.c wrappers makes this
>> more expensive than necessary. We'll have a big enough trouble not
>> regressing performancewise.

I merged tableam.h and tableamapi.h into tableam.h and changed all the
functions as inline. This change may have added some additional headers,
will check them if I can remove their need.

Attached are the updated patches on top your github tree.

Currently I am working on the following.
- I observed that there is a crash when running isolation tests.
- COPY's multi_insert path should probably deal with a bunch of slots,
  rather than forming HeapTuples

Regards,
Haribabu Kommi
Fujitsu Australia
Вложения

От: Phil Florent
Сообщение: RE: Re: [Proposal] Add accumulated statistics for wait event
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: FailedAssertion on partprune