Re: Having query cache in core

От CK Tan
Тема Re: Having query cache in core
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Fri, May 11, 2018, 10:26 PM Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@sraoss.co.jp> wrote:

> I think you need to know which tables are involved and if they were
> modified.

Of course. While creating a cache entry for a SELECT, we need to
analyze it and extract tables involved in the SELECT. The information
should be stored along with the cache entry. If any of the tables were
modified, cache entries using the table must be removed.
(these are already implemented in Pgpool-II's in memory query cache)

How do you handle tables hiding behind views? Also how does cached entries in pgpools know if some tables are modified without going thru pgpool, eg pgplsql or trigger or via psql directly?

=cktan

От: Tatsuo Ishii
Сообщение: Re: Having query cache in core
От: Tatsuo Ishii
Сообщение: Re: Having query cache in core