Re: Unit tests for SLRU

От Aleksander Alekseev
Тема Re: Unit tests for SLRU
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi hackers,

>> Again, I don't have a strong opinion here. If you insist, I will place the
>> tests to regress.c.
>
> It is up to committer to decide, but I think it would be good to place tests
> in regression. In my opinion, many things from core may be used by extensions.
> And then it is up to extension authors to make relevant tests.
>
> For me, it's enough to make a reasonable test coverage for SLRU without
> investing too much effort into generalization.

OK, here is an updated version of the patch. Changes comparing to v1:

* Tests are moved to regress.c, as asked by the majority;
* SimpleLruInit() returns void as before, per Daniel's feedback;
* Most of the initial refactorings were reverted in order to keep the patch
  as small as possible, per Maxim's feedback.

LCOV indicates 65% of code coverage in terms of lines of code. I'm currently
working on improving this number.

More feedback is always welcome!

--
Best regards,
Aleksander Alekseev

Вложения

От: Antonin Houska
Сообщение: Re: Logical replication row filtering and TOAST
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: should vacuum's first heap pass be read-only?