Re: function depend on view

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: function depend on view
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 9:59 AM, Andreas Kretschmer
<akretschmer@spamfence.net> wrote:
> salah jubeh <s_jubeh@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello Andreas,
>>
>> Thanks for the reply,  The example I have posted is very simple and you are
>> right it is very similar to select max (id) from table_that_does_not_exist; But
>> there are more here, for example imagine I have something like
>>
>> CREATE VIEW a4 as select .... from  a3(), .... ;
>>
>> In my opinion, this might leads to many problems such as
>
> Again, the functions doesn't depend on the table, other example:
>
> test=# select * from foo;
>  id | val
> ----+-----
> (3 rows)
>
> Time: 0,235 ms
> test=*# create or replace function fail(int) returns int as $$declare r
> int; begin execute 'select val from foo where id = ' || $1 || ';' into
> r; return r;end; $$language plpgsql;
> CREATE FUNCTION
> Time: 0,547 ms
> test=*# select * from fail(1);
>  fail
> ------
>   100
> (1 row)
>
> Time: 0,473 ms
> test=*# drop table foo;
> DROP TABLE
> Time: 0,387 ms
> test=*# select * from fail(1);
> ERROR:  relation "foo" does not exist
> LINE 1: select val from foo where id = 1;
>                         ^
> QUERY:  select val from foo where id = 1;
> CONTEXT:  PL/pgSQL function "fail" line 1 at EXECUTE statement
>

> In this case, the query inside the function is a dynamic query. So what?

Another aspect that makes inside the body function dependency checking
really difficult is search_path dependencies.

merlin

От: Andreas Kretschmer
Сообщение: Re: function depend on view
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Different results from view and from its defintion query [w/ windowing function]