Re: disabling log_rotation_age feature.

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: disabling log_rotation_age feature.
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 1:43 PM, Tomonari Katsumata
<katsumata.tomonari@po.ntts.co.jp> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm reading about log_rotation_age.
> And I noticed that the setting for disabling the feature is not clear.
>

> The document tells us to set it to ZERO if we want to disable the feature.
> However, the feature would be disabled if we set it less than one minute.

That's because log_rotation_age expects the setting value in minutes.

This is not a problem only for log_rotation_age. When setting the parameter
which expects the value in seconds to less than one second, the setting value
is implicitly reset to the default. For example,

postgres=# SHOW tcp_keepalives_idle ;
 tcp_keepalives_idle
---------------------
 7200
(1 row)

postgres=# SET tcp_keepalives_idle TO '10ms';
SET
postgres=# SHOW tcp_keepalives_idle ;
 tcp_keepalives_idle
---------------------
 7200
(1 row)

postgres=# SET tcp_keepalives_idle TO '1024ms';
SET
postgres=# SHOW tcp_keepalives_idle ;
 tcp_keepalives_idle
 1
(1 row)

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao

От: David G Johnston
Сообщение: Re: disabling log_rotation_age feature.
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: disabling log_rotation_age feature.