Re: Disable Streaming Replication without restarting either master or slave

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: Disable Streaming Replication without restarting either master or slave
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 10:17 PM, François Beausoleil
<francois@teksol.info> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Le 2012-05-29 à 06:18, Samba a écrit :
>
> Is it possible stop/disable streaming replication without stopping or
> restarting either master or slave servers?
>
> Since stopping or restarting the postgres servers would involve complete
> invalidation of the connection pool [Java/JEE app server pool] that may take
> a few minutes before the application becomes usable, it would be great if
> there is a way we can disable replication [for maintenance reasons like
> applying patches or upgrades, etc].
>

> Are per-chance looking for pg_xlog_replay_pause() and
> pg_xlog_replay_resume() ?

Those can pause and resume WAL replay in the standby, but not streaming
replication. Even while WAL replay is being paused, WAL can be streamed
from the master to the standby.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao

От: Fujii Masao
Сообщение: Re: Disable Streaming Replication without restarting either master or slave
От: Sergey Konoplev
Сообщение: Re: Disable Streaming Replication without restarting either master or slave