Re: run pgindent on a regular basis / scripted manner

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: run pgindent on a regular basis / scripted manner
Дата
Re: run pgindent on a regular basis / scripted manner  (Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Aug 12, 2023 at 5:20 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Hm.  I was envisioning that we should expect committers to deal
> with this, not original patch submitters.  So that's an argument
> against including it in the CI tests.  But I'm in favor of anything
> we can do to make it more painless for committers to fix up patch
> indentation.

Making it a special responsibility for committers comes with the same
set of problems that we see with catversion bumps. People are much
more likely to forget to do something that must happen last.

Maybe I'm wrong -- maybe the new policy is practicable. It might even
turn out to be worth the bother. Time will tell.

--
Peter Geoghegan

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: run pgindent on a regular basis / scripted manner
От: Noah Misch
Сообщение: pg_waldump vs. all-zeros WAL files; server creation of such files