Re: Misplaced double quotes in error message

От Sunil Thakur
Тема Re: Misplaced double quotes in error message
Дата
Список pgsql-general
It means
Error thrown by Postgres: Hint: Perhaps you meant to reference the column "t.someColumn".
must be Hint: Perhaps you meant to reference the column t."someColumn".

Thanks and Regards,
Sunil M. K. Thakur

On Thu, 7 Oct 2021 at 19:09, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
On 10/6/21 11:17 PM, Thomas Kellerer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> consider the following table, query and error message:
>
>      create table t
>      (
>        "someColumn" int
>      );
>
>      select t.someColumn
>      from t;
>

>      ERROR: column t.somecolumn does not exist
>        Hint: Perhaps you meant to reference the column "t.someColumn".
>

> For someone proficient in SQL it's pretty clear what the error message means,
> but the quotes can be misleading for someone who doesn't really understand
> what's going on.

FYI, errors are generically double quoted:

ERROR:  invalid input syntax for type integer: "one"

This is not specific to identifier quoting.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: Misplaced double quotes in error message
От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: AW: how to merge two postgresql server instances into one