Re: [PERFORM] partitioning materialized views

От Claudio Freire
Тема Re: [PERFORM] partitioning materialized views
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Fri, Jul 7, 2017 at 10:12 AM, Shaun Thomas
<shaun.thomas@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> I don't think the downstream dependencies will let that work without
>> rebuilding them as well.   The drop fails (without a cascade), and the other
>> views and matviews that are built off of this all simply point to x_old.
>
> Wow, ouch. Yeah, I'd neglected to consider dependent objects. Your
> only "out" at this point is to either add or utilize a "modified_date"
> column of some kind, so you can maintain a different MV with some
> recent window of data, and regularly merge that into a physical local
> copy (not an MV) sort of like a running ETL. Though that won't help
> with deletes, unfortunately.

You have another out: rebuild the dependent views before the drop.

От: vinny
Сообщение: Re: [PERFORM] How to grant only create schemas and create databaseobjects permission to user.
От: Daulat Ram
Сообщение: [PERFORM] CREATE EXTENSION postgis;