Re: commitfest.postgresql.org is no longer fit for purpose

От Jelte Fennema-Nio
Тема Re: commitfest.postgresql.org is no longer fit for purpose
Дата
Re: commitfest.postgresql.org is no longer fit for purpose
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 17 May 2024 at 14:19, Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> wrote:

> On 5/16/24 22:26, Robert Haas wrote:
> > For example, imagine that the CommitFest is FORCIBLY empty
> > until a week before it starts. You can still register patches in the
> > system generally, but that just means they get CI runs, not that
> > they're scheduled to be reviewed. A week before the CommitFest,
> > everyone who has a patch registered in the system that still applies
> > gets an email saying "click here if you think this patch should be
> > reviewed in the upcoming CommitFest -- if you don't care about the
> > patch any more or it needs more work before other people review it,
> > don't click here". Then, the CommitFest ends up containing only the
> > things where the patch author clicked there during that week.
>
> 100% agree. This is in line with what I suggested on an adjacent part of
> the thread.

Such a proposal would basically mean that no-one that cares about
their patches getting reviews can go on holiday and leave work behind
during the week before a commit fest. That seems quite undesirable to
me.

От: Jelte Fennema-Nio
Сообщение: Re: commitfest.postgresql.org is no longer fit for purpose
От: Daniel Gustafsson
Сообщение: Re: [UNVERIFIED SENDER] pg_upgrade can result in early wraparound on databases with high transaction load