Re: First draft of PG 17 release notes

От Jelte Fennema-Nio
Тема Re: First draft of PG 17 release notes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 14 May 2024 at 02:56, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:

> On Sat, May 11, 2024 at 10:24:39AM -0400, Joe Conway wrote:
> > On 5/11/24 09:57, Jelte Fennema-Nio wrote:
> > > The buffering change improved performance up to ~40% in some of the
> > > benchmarks. The case it improves mostly is COPY of large rows and
> > > streaming a base backup. That sounds user-visible enough to me to
> > > warrant an entry imho.
> >
> > +1
>
> Attached patch applied.

I think we shouldn't list this under the libpq changes and shouldn't
mention libpq in the description, since this patch changes
src/backend/libpq files instead of src/interfaces/libpq files. I think
it should be in the "General performance" section and describe the
change as something like the below:

Improve performance when transferring large blocks of data to a client

PS. I completely understand that this was not clear from the commit message.

От: "Hayato Kuroda (Fujitsu)"
Сообщение: RE: Slow catchup of 2PC (twophase) transactions on replica in LR
От: jian he
Сообщение: Re: explain format json, unit for serialize and memory are different.