Re: commitfest.postgresql.org is no longer fit for purpose

От Jelte Fennema-Nio
Тема Re: commitfest.postgresql.org is no longer fit for purpose
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 17 May 2024 at 06:58, Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org> wrote:
> Yeah, some fine-tuning might be required.  But I would be wary of
> over-designing too many new states at this point.  I think the key idea
> is that there ought to be a state that communicates "needs attention
> from someone other than author, reviewer, or committer".

+1 on adding a new state like this. I think it would make sense for
the author to request additional input, but I think it would need two
states, something like "Request for new reviewer" and "Request for new
committer". Just like authors disappear sometimes after a driveby
patch submission, it's fairly common too imho for reviewers or
committers to disappear after a driveby review. Having a way for an
author to mark a patch as such would be helpful, both to the author,
and to reviewers/committers looking to do help some patch out.

On Fri, 17 May 2024 at 09:33, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi> wrote:
> Things like "cfbot says
> this has bitrotted" or "Will review this after other patch this depends
> on". On the mailing list, notes like that are both noisy and easily lost
> in the threads. But as a little free-form text box on the commitfest, it
> would be handy.

+many on the free form text box

От: Dean Rasheed
Сообщение: Re: avoid MERGE_ACTION keyword?
От: Dean Rasheed
Сообщение: Re: plpgsql: fix parsing of integer range with underscores