Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch] Feature #3270 Add support for running regression tests against Firefox

От Anthony Emengo
Тема Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch] Feature #3270 Add support for running regression tests against Firefox
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers

Hey,

Thanks for the extra details. We were running them on our Ubuntu machine, but today we tried on OSX.

With CheckForViewDataTest:
The problem is that the chromedriver implicitly scrolls to an element when moveToElement was called, but the Firefox did not.

https://github.com/mozilla/geckodriver/issues/776. To fix, we simply scrolled to the element before the action was called:

Screen Shot 2018-05-08 at 11.25.00 AM.png

With CopySelectedQueryResultsFeatureTest:
We noticed that there’s different selection behavior between Firefox and Chrome. In Firefox, the entire column is selected, whereas only the cell is selected in Chrome. After reviewing, we think that modifying the assertion to be a assertIn more ideal.

CopySelectedQueryResultsFeatureTest-2018.05.08_11.27.56-Python-3.6.5.png
Also, just wanted to note that we had to bump the retry attempts to 60, to see the Firefox run on our machine. Attached is the modified patch (with all of our changes). If you need anything else, let me know!

Anthony and Victoria

Вложения

От: Victoria Henry
Сообщение: Re: [pgAdmin4][RM#3298] Query tool shortcut issue
От: Anthony Emengo
Сообщение: Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch] Feature #3270 Add support for running regression tests against Firefox