Re: SQLSTATE[08006] [7] server closed the connection unexpectedly

От Yvon Thoraval
Тема Re: SQLSTATE[08006] [7] server closed the connection unexpectedly
Дата
Список pgsql-general

2012/9/17 Albe Laurenz <laurenz.albe@wien.gv.at>
Yvon Thoraval wrote:
>> You may want to set log_statement='all' in postgresql.conf

> i did this change , restart PostgreSQL and test again, with the same error, however postgres log
> didn't report any error, as far as i understand the log :

<snip />

Well, "received fast shutdown request" would explain what is
going on.  The server shuts down, and all active connections
are terminated, which on the client end looks exactly like
you described.

NO, no it's me having asked for a server restart...

What is odd is that you say it is repeatable.
What could be sending SIGINT to the postmaster whenever
you try to connect?  Are database server and web server
on the same machine?
Try to find out what is going on there.
How does the log look when you enable
log_connections and log_disconnections in postgresql.conf?

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

I found something wrong in my setup, i do have - TWO - psql binaries...
The one in my PATH is working well (/usr/bin/psql) and another one (I don't remember it's path) which doesn't work and i suspect this is this one linked to php...
For that reason I've opened another post named "On Ubuntu 12.04 i do have two psql one of those isn't working".
Then, i think this as nothing to do with PostgreSQL but rather with Xubuntu 12.04 LTS...

--
Yvon

От: "Herouth Maoz"
Сообщение: Re: Index creation takes more time?
От: Yvon Thoraval
Сообщение: Re: On Ubuntu 12.04 i do have two psql one of those isn't working