Re: On Ubuntu 12.04 i do have two psql one of those isn't working

От Yvon Thoraval
Тема Re: On Ubuntu 12.04 i do have two psql one of those isn't working
Дата
Список pgsql-general

2012/9/17 Raymond O'Donnell <rod@iol.ie>

The first isn't a "real" psql - it's a symlink to pg_wrapper, which is
how Debian and Ubuntu allow you to run different Postgres versions and
clusters on the same machine. You call the client program (psql,
pg_dump, etc) you want as usual, but pass it the --cluster option, as
follows:

  psql --cluster 9.1/main (....)

and then pg_wrapper calls the correct version of the client program.

OK, thanks very much, I'll try that ASAP.

> then, i wonder how to workaround this "installation bugg" because i
> suspect php is using the second not working psql where the first is the
> one being in my PATH.

PHP doesn't use psql, it uses libpq (the client library).

then, the php link to the client library is faulty.

I've to find why.
surprisingly, when from a php script i want to connect to another pgsql server, on another machine, by it's IPV6 addresse it works as expected...

--
Yvon

От: Yvon Thoraval
Сообщение: Re: SQLSTATE[08006] [7] server closed the connection unexpectedly
От: Craig Ringer
Сообщение: Re: foreign key from array element