Re: zheap: a new storage format for PostgreSQL

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: zheap: a new storage format for PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

čt 6. 12. 2018 v 16:26 odesílatel Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> napsal:
On Thu, Dec 6, 2018 at 10:23 AM Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a problem to imagine it. When fill factor will be low, then there is high risk of high fragmentation - or there some body should to do defragmentation.

I don't understand this.

I don't know if zheap has or has not any tools for elimination fragmentation of space of page. But I expect so after some set of updates, when record size is mutable, the free space on page should be fragmented. Usually, when you have less memory, then fragmentation is faster.

Pavel

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: COPY FROM WHEN condition
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: zheap: a new storage format for PostgreSQL