От Dilip Kumar
Тема Re: Synchronizing slots from primary to standby
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jan 16, 2024 at 9:37 AM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 16, 2024 at 9:03 AM shveta malik <shveta.malik@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> Agreed and as said earlier I think it is better to make it a
> PGC_SIGHUP. Also, not sure we can say it is a non-standard way as
> already autovacuum launcher is handled in the same way. One more minor
> thing is it will save us for having a new bgworker state
> BgWorkerStart_ConsistentState_HotStandby as introduced by this patch.

Yeah, it's not a nonstandard way.  But bgworker provides a lot of
inbuilt infrastructure which otherwise we would have to maintain by
ourselves if we opt for option 2.  I would have preferred option 3
from the simplicity point of view but I would prefer to make this
PGC_SIGHUP over simplicity.  But anyway, if there are issues in doing
so then we can keep it PGC_POSTMASTER but it's worth trying this out.

--
Regards,
Dilip Kumar

От: Bharath Rupireddy
Сообщение: Re: reorganize "Shared Memory and LWLocks" section of docs
От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: Add test module for Table Access Method