Re: alter subscription drop publication fixes

От Dilip Kumar
Тема Re: alter subscription drop publication fixes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, May 13, 2021 at 9:36 AM Bharath Rupireddy

> > > -1 for that long message. The intention of that error was to throw an
> > > error if all the publications of a subscription are dropped. If that's
> > > so confusing, then you could just let the error message be
> > > "subscription must contain at least one publication", add an error
> > > detail "Subscription without any publication is not allowed to
> > > exist/is not supported." or "Removing/Dropping all the publications
> > > from a subscription is not allowed/supported." or some other better
> > > wording.
> > >

> > Agree with Bharath.  We can use a detail message. How about?
> >
> >     if (!oldpublist)
> >         ereport(ERROR,
> >                 (errcode(ERRCODE_FEATURE_NOT_SUPPORTED),
> >                  errmsg("subscription must contain at least one publication"),
> >                  errdetail("Dropping all the publications from a subscription is not supported")));
>
> Or how about just errmsg("cannot drop all the publications of the
> subscriber \"%s\"", subname) without any error detail?

IMHO, this message without errdetail looks much better.

--
Regards,
Dilip Kumar

От: Maciek Sakrejda
Сообщение: Re: compute_query_id and pg_stat_statements
От: "osumi.takamichi@fujitsu.com"
Сообщение: RE: Forget close an open relation in ReorderBufferProcessTXN()