Re: WAL replay issue from 9.6.8 to 9.6.10

От Alexander Kukushkin
Тема Re: WAL replay issue from 9.6.8 to 9.6.10
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

> Hello, I'm seeing some issues with WAL replay on a test server running
> 9.6.10 using WAL archived from a 9.6.8 primary server. It reliably PANICs
> during replay with messages like so:
>
> WARNING:  page 1209270272 of relation base/16422/47496599 does not exist
> CONTEXT:  xlog redo at 4810/C84F8A0 for Btree/DELETE: 88 items
> PANIC:  WAL contains references to invalid pages

it looks like you are hitting pretty much the same problem as I:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/153492341830.1368.3936905691758473953%40wrigleys.postgresql.org
The only major difference, you are restoring from the backup, while in
my case the host running replica has crashed.
Also in my case, the primary was already running 9.6.10.

In my case, it also panics during "Btree/DELETE: XYZ items" and page
number of relation is insanely huge.

От: "David G. Johnston"
Сообщение: Re: using a plpgsql function argument as a table column.
От: Wilhansen Li
Сообщение: Re: "cache lookup failed for type ####" when running unit tests