Re: Tablespace OID, database OID, relfilenode

От Wiwwo Staff
Тема Re: Tablespace OID, database OID, relfilenode
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thank you Adrian, thank you David!
So, it turns out, it *is* indeed an arbitrary constant...
I have been answered many times RTFM, it is actually the first time I have being answered RTF source code.
(I searched for 1663 in PG docs, it is there, although not really "intuitive").

Allow me to humbly propose to maybe at least write somewhere in the DOCs in a clear way: "This is a number you should know, and it is arbitrary, and in some functions it will be represented as 'base'  ".
It is fundamental to know this when one uses pg_waldump, for example.

Not to start a flame war here, just humbly proposing...

Thanks all again!

On Tue, Jan 17, 2023 at 4:44 PM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
On 1/17/23 07:35, Wiwwo Staff wrote:
> Hi Laurenz,
> thanks for your answer!
> Ok, but I don't think "1663" is a sort of constant value for "base",
> isn't it?

 From source:

backend/catalog/postgres.bki

open pg_tablespace
insert ( 1663 pg_default 10 _null_ _null_ )
insert ( 1664 pg_global 10 _null_ _null_ )

> Let me clarify my question: how do I get, with a query, from "base" to
> 1663 (or whatever the value is)?

  select * from pg_tablespace ;
  oid  |  spcname   | spcowner | spcacl | spcoptions
  1663 | pg_default |       10 | NULL   | NULL
  1664 | pg_global  |       10 | NULL   | NULL

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Working_with_Git link one link cannot open, another link is unrelated.
От: Ron
Сообщение: Maintaining blank lines in psql output?