Re: Proposal: Store "timestamptz" of database creation on "pg_database"

От Fabrízio de Royes Mello
Тема Re: Proposal: Store "timestamptz" of database creation on "pg_database"
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 2:13 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> This has been debated, and rejected, before.

I know this discussion...

> To mention just one problem, are we going to add nonstandard,
> non-backwards-compatible syntax to every single kind of CREATE to allow
> pg_dump to preserve the creation dates?  Another interesting question is
> whether we should likewise track the last ALTER time, or perhaps whether
> a sufficiently major ALTER redefinition should update the creation time.

I agree with you because now we have Event Triggers...

> I'm inclined to think that anyone who really needs this should be
> pointed at event triggers.  That feature (if it gets in) will allow
> people to track creation/DDL-change times with exactly the behavior
> they want.

Exactly, but Event Triggers [1] don't cover "CREATE DATABASE" statement, and for this reason I propose the patch to add a single column "datcreated" on shared catalog "pg_database".

--
Fabrízio de Royes Mello
Consultoria/Coaching PostgreSQL

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: fix bgworkers in EXEC_BACKEND
От: Fabrízio de Royes Mello
Сообщение: Re: Proposal: Store "timestamptz" of database creation on "pg_database"