Regression in PL/PGSQL code using RETURN QUERY with Postgres 14

От Gavin Roy
Тема Regression in PL/PGSQL code using RETURN QUERY with Postgres 14
Дата
Re: Regression in PL/PGSQL code using RETURN QUERY with Postgres 14
Список pgsql-general
Hi All,

My team was testing against Postgres 14 to ensure we could cleanly upgrade and we ran across a regression in our PL/PGSQL code related to the updates to RETURN QUERY.

Our code which works in previous versions of Postgres uses UPDATE RETURNING and INSERT RETURNING in combination with RETURN QUERY. It appears that in the parallelism updates, RETURN QUERY now only accepts SELECT queries.

Was this an intentional change in behavior? We can easily refactor our PL/PGSQL functions to deal with the change, but if it was intentional, perhaps it should be documented.

Regards,

Gavin

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Timestamp with vs without time zone.
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Currently running queries with actual arguments?