Replication slot dropped in Bidirection rep: column addition

От ravi k
Тема Replication slot dropped in Bidirection rep: column addition
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi Team,

I noticed replication drops while adding column to the table in postgres16.

There is not much delay in adding column to the both servers.

Here are the steps to reproduce:

Server1:
    --run infinite loop tx with each loop commit and delay for 3 sec
    --another session ran the following column addition
ALTER TABLE customers
ADD COLUMN phone VARCHAR(25);

Server2:
    --run infinite loop tx with each loop commit and delay for 3 sec
    --another session ran the following column addition
ALTER TABLE customers
ADD COLUMN phone VARCHAR(25);

Please let me know if this is a bug in postgres16 or Am I missing something?

Due to this issue ,I am planning to disable subscriptions while adding new columns ?

Thanks,
Ravi

От: Matt Pearson
Сообщение: Re: Queries in replica are failing
От: S Hoffman
Сообщение: Re: Where to learn PostgreSQL for free?