Re: Draft release notes for next week's releases

От Oleg Bartunov
Тема Re: Draft release notes for next week's releases
Дата
Re: Draft release notes for next week's releases  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
wrote:<br/> ><br /> > On Sat, Mar 26, 2016 at 4:34 PM, Tom Lane <<a
href="mailto:tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us">tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us</a>>wrote:<br /> > > Probably the most discussion-worthy
itemis whether we can say<br /> > > anything more about the strxfrm mess.  Should we make a wiki<br /> > >
pageabout that and have the release note item link to it?<br /> ><br /> > I think that there is an argument
againstdoing so, which is that<br /> > right now, all we have to offer on that are weasel words. However, I'm<br />
>still in favor of a Wiki page, because I would not be at all surprised<br /> > if our understanding of this
problemevolved, and we were able to<br /> > offer better answers in several weeks. Realistically, it will
dir="ltr">Shouldwe start thinking about ICU ? I compare Postgres with ICU and without and found 27x improvement in
btreeindex creation for russian strings. This includes effect of abbreviated keys and ICU itself. Also, we'll get
>--<br /> > Sent via pgsql-hackers mailing list (<a
href="mailto:pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org">pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org</a>)<br/> > To make changes to your
subscription:<br/> > <a
href="http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-hackers">http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgsql-hackers</a><br/>

От: Masahiko Sawada
Сообщение: Re: Support for N synchronous standby servers - take 2
От: Peter Geoghegan
Сообщение: Re: Draft release notes for next week's releases