Re: proposal: alternative psql commands quit and exit

От Geoff Winkless
Тема Re: proposal: alternative psql commands quit and exit
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 12 December 2017 at 16:36, Arthur Nascimento <tureba@gmail.com> wrote:
> Nano keeps a cheatsheet of commands on the bottom; and it's regarded
> as a fairly good editor for newcomers. Some shells have a right-hand
> side status bar.

I quite like this idea, although I would rather a line printed after
each command is run: something like

mydbname=# select ;
--
(1 row)

\h for help, \q for quit, \expert to turn off this message
osprey=#

This has the advantage that it doesn't need curses support, is pretty
simple and actually has the "off" information inline.

When you type \expert you could print a line that says

put \expert in ~/.psqlrc to make this change permanent

or something.

Geoff

От: Everaldo Canuto
Сообщение: Re: proposal: alternative psql commands quit and exit
От: Oleg Ivanov
Сообщение: Re: ML-based indexing ("The Case for Learned Index Structures", apaper from Google)